Care Instructions

Candle Care

Soy wax has a memory. Seriously it does. It will only remember the burn radius of its last burn. Allow your candle to melt from edge to edge of the jar to prevent the creation of a “memory ring" which causes candle tunneling. This is especially important for the first burn. We recommend burning your Sophie Rose Candle Co. candle for at least one hour but no more than four hours to ensure longevity of your candle and for maximum enjoyment. 

Be sure to trim your candle wick to 1/4 inch each time before burning to ensure even burning and to prevent flaring and/or dripping. A too-long wick can cause a candle flame to grow too long and flare. Do not allow debris to take up residence in your wax pool. Keep your candle free of any foreign materials including matches and wick trimmings. Do not burn your candle for more than four hours at a time. Burning your candle for more than four hours can cause the candle vessel to overheat and crack. Do not burn your candle all the way down. Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the container. For a margin of safety, discontinue use when only 1/2 inch of wax remains. 

Let's be mindful about where we burn our candles. Always burn candles within sight and away from drafts, other heat sources, and flammable objects. Make sure burning candles are out of reach of children and pets. Never leave a burning candle unattended. When burning multiple candles, place them at least three inches apart from one another. This helps ensure they do not overheat one another, or create their own drafts to cause improper burning.

For more candle burning and safety tips, visit the National Candle Association.

*Shop our heavy-duty stainless steel wick trimmers.

Room + Linen Mist Care

Shake well before spritzing to ensure maximum and even fragrance dispersal. 

Reed Diffuser Care

Be sure to flip the reed sticks every 1-2 weeks to ensure longevity of your Sophie Rose Candle Co. reed diffusers. Keep reed diffusers away from direct sunlight or other heat sources that may prematurely dry the reed sticks. Do not consume and keep away from children or pets. Immediately clean up any oil spills as the oils and resins can cause damage to some finishes.


 Enjoy & Stay LIT!